Bilateral cooperation between Slovenia and Jordan
Slovenia and Jordan have established strong and friendly relations.The Slovenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs appointed Issa Haider Morad as the honorary consul to Jordan.
I. Recent high-level visits
- visit of the President of the Republic of Slovenia Dr Danilo Türk to Jordan, participation in the World Economic Forum on the Middle East and North Africa, May 2009;
- visit of the Prime Minister of Jordan Nader Dahabi to Slovenia, participation in the Slovenian-Jordanian Business Forum, June 2009;
- official visit of the King of Jordan Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein to Slovenia, April 2008.
II. Recent Projects
- Slovenian-German twinning project with Jordan under the title Implementation of the Roadmap for the Conclusion of the Agreement on Conformity Assessment and Acceptance of Industrial Products – ACAA;
- visit of Jordanian business delegation to Slovenia, September 2011;
- Slovenian-Jordanian Business Forum and bilateral meetings between companies from both countries, June 2009;
- active cooperation of Jordan on the Ghaza children rehabilitation project in Slovenia. The project has been carried out under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Slovenia at the University Rehabilitation Institute Soča in Ljubljana since 2009. So far, 81 children have received such treatment. The “Jordan Aviation” airline provides flight for children from Jordan to Slovenia. The executive director of the Jordanian airline Mohamed Al-Khashman was honoured by the President of the Republic of Slovenia for the airline’s services;
- active cooperation of Jordan – especially of the Al-Albayt University – with the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) founded in the Slovenian town of Portorož. Six Jordanian institutions are members of the EMUNI-network and Jordanian professors and experts are active in the bodies of EMUNI.